Every day doesn’t run smoothly. There are some days when the world may seem upside down. Crisis moments come in everyone’s lives. You need to be strong and know how to deal with these emergency situations. When the world crumbles around you, it is necessary to ask for help. Here are some ways you can communicate about collapse with others so that help arrives in time.
1. You should have a designated place where your family members will meet in case you all split up in case of any disaster. Usually, it can be your house, but it can be somewhere else as well. If there is fire or earthquake, then it may not be possible to meet at the house. So, you should have a designated place outside your house as well where your families can join.
2. You must have the contact number and address of relatives who don’t leave near you. In case of an emergency situation like war or natural disaster, you can inform your relatives about your status. You should inform these relatives beforehand that you are going to use their number for communication.
3. Keep a notebook containing all the family members’ and friends’ contact details. You should distribute these details to your family members so that they can contact each other in case of emergencies. This way you won’t have to face a situation when you won’t remember any of your relative’s numbers to inform about your whereabouts.
4. You should also have the contact information of people who are close to your family. In case you cannot communicate with your family members at the time of emergency situation, you can contact these other people and let them know that you are safe.
5. Carry long-range walkie-talkies for communicating with your family members in case you get separated. This should be part of your emergency kit. Radio is another thing you should carry all the time. In case of disaster like flood or hurricane, you may not move out from your shelter for days.
A radio will be very handy in this case. You will be able to get news updates and information about the weather. The radio can also help you to know the traffic situation.
6. In a crisis situation, the phone system is likely to be overloaded as everyone will be calling for getting help. So, you should text instead of calling.
These strategies will help you communicate about collapse or emergency situations with others, including your family members. You will be able to pull through the difficult situation and make sure that everyone in your family is all right.